As a Nurse Practitioner, you are caught in the ever-changing current of healthcare. Titles, authority, and perceived roles change based on your employment circumstances, state of license, and understanding of the changing health care system. Stepping out and creating your own practice can be overwhelming when you consider the force of the current that pulls you to maintain the status quo.
Nurse practitioner business consultants function as a buoy for your Nurse Practitioner private practice. A safe harbor to return to rest, breathe easier, and consider strategically how to swim in the current for prolonged periods of time, preparing for the twists and turns that lie ahead. Your NP business consultant meets with you to understand your vision and goals and works with you to keep your vision central to all decisions, helps you maintain your autonomy, and helps you realize the benefits of a Nurse Practitioner independent practice that is authentically yours.
The Nursing Model is filled with science, compassion, and hope, which you strive to bring to your patients. You seek to bring individual care to each patient while navigating a system that rewards population health management yet can keep the tools to accomplish this financially just out of reach for the entrepreneurial NP.
Limiting beliefs like scope creep, full authority, and archaic reimbursement models are the common deal-breakers that get in the way of your passion for equitable, accessible, compassionate, care that dignifies the individual patient and is also rewarded in such a way that your Nurse Practitioner-led business thrives. Your nurse practitioner business consultants can empower you to step out of the limiting beliefs and system debates and into being the innovative leader that your patients need you to be.
Alone, this can be a long journey to fatigue, discouragement, and disappointment. Together, with a team of healthcare and practice growth business consultants, the work will be hard, but the journey will be hopeful and transforming. Your NP business consultants can be your partner in turning the current model of health care delivery and reimbursement upside down through the Nursing Model.
Through partnership and coaching with your team of nurse practitioner business consultants, you define your business and your care model because you work authentically for yourself and your patients while the system begins to work for you.
Scope of practice has become a territorial fight for many. Your nurse practitioner business consultants help you realize the benefits of private practice by guiding you in defining your scope of practice, your patient population, and your care model. Your business consulting team serves as a lighthouse in the stormy system – and the limiting beliefs that others try to assign to you are of little consequence as you boldly move forward to achieve your goals.
The Independent Nurse Practitioner Business Model
In the NP Business Model of healthcare delivery, care is primary, and leadership is key. You become the leader and guide for staff, patients, and your business consultants through wise, strategic, and informed actionable decisions. Ongoing practice health evaluations keep you on track.
What Are the Benefits of a Nurse Practitioner Consultant?
As described above, a trusted NP business consultant becomes an extension of your vision and innovation helping empower you to work within the rules as written without losing your vision. They become your allies in innovation and strategic problem solving, supporting your independence, while ensuring you don’t feel alone.
Five Business Solutions Every Independent Nurse Practitioner Should Leverage
- Business Consultants: Independence is a limiting belief. You should build a team of trusted business consultants with diverse experience and insights by your side to empower you in your leadership and care model.
- Electronic Health Record: a strategically chosen, NP-focused, fully optimized, and chronically supported EHR team is critical to efficiency, success, and strategic planning for your nurse practitioner private practice
- Data Analytics: Data can be an innovative business solution in the hands of the NP private practice owner. Data paired with an expert analytics consulting team and strategically chosen data reports can be the cornerstone of patient care, problem-solving, and innovation.
- Credentialing and Contracting: Credentialing and payer contracting are notoriously slow and complicated processes that require time that the NP leader cannot afford. Business Consultants who have developed efficient and reliable processes for these necessary difficulties can decrease the frustration and disappointments that the system creates during these processes.
- Practice Marketing: Once you have defined your innovative model for your NP private practice and established your business model, it is time to tell the community you are open for business and ready to serve! A solid website that represents your NP-led vision and supports virtual patient interaction, social media posts and blogs, and reputation management are imperative to NP private practice growth, innovation, and sustainability.
NP Advantage Can Help
The NP Advantage team is standing by with the suite of entrepreneurial NP business solutions that will empower you to step out of the current to lead your team, build your strategy, implement your innovation, and place your anchor. As your nurse practitioner business consultants, we become your long-term and agile partners in the ever-changing and ever-increasing current of the health